This course is designed for program managers and their assistants. The overall course objectives are:
- Define the purpose and core components of a local CERT program.
- Use strategic planning to define the mission and goals for a local CERT program.
- Describe the purposes and strategies for promoting a local CERT program.
- Establish a process for working with volunteers.
- Establish a process for working with instructors.
- Establish a process for acquiring and managing program resources.
- Build a plan for delivering and managing safe training and exercises.
- Describe the role of policies and procedures in operating a local CERT program.
- Develop a process for evaluating a local CERT program.
- Describe how to sustain a local CERT program.
You can find more course information here: https://www.fema.gov/es/media-library/assets/documents/27696
- To take this course you must be recommended by local jurisdiction leadership. The course has a limited class size.
- We will be teaching this course September 14, 15th, and 22nd, 2018 at the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
To register for this class:
- click on the following link: https://www.train.org/utah/course/1033035/live_event
- Login in or create an account on Utrain
- Click on “Get Approved” next to Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office