This course is designed for those folks that are confident in the basic course material and have an interest in help teach the basic CERT course. The overall course objectives are:
- Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the CERT Basic Training course.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the ability to present an assigned portion of the course (teach-back).
- Participants will be able to communicate the core values of the program.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate classroom management techniques.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate effective teaching techniques.
- Participants will be able to model appropriate behavior as an instructor.
You can find more course information here: https://www.fema.gov/es/media-library/assets/documents/27475
- To take this course you must be recommended by local jurisdiction leadership. The course is limited in size.
- The State will teach 2 of these courses this year but dates, times, or locations have not been announced yet.
- Here at the County we only teach these courses as we have enough interest. If you have interest in this course and would like to be updated as information becomes available fill out the form below.